Tips of Getting Lower Merchant Account Rates
Most online businesses and e-stores accept credit card payments these days. Perhaps, if you are owner of online business or an online retail store you have been using merchant account services for some time. Indeed, it is very convenient. Customers make a purchasing decision within a second. After that you have several minutes before a customer changes his/her mind. You will not get profit unless a customer is able to pay for the preferred product right away, using his/her credit card information. At the same time, merchant account services can be somewhat costly. You may be losing money at each transaction. Listed here are a couple of tips to save costs when using online merchant account services.
- First, you need to decide which merchant account provider you need. It depends on how big your business is. If, for example, about a dozen of customers buy from your web site every day, this is rather a small business. In such a case you might probably need a delayed merchant account. It means that you will manually add all payment details to merchant account and perform transactions, for instance, in the end of the day. This will take you just about 15-30 minutes but at the same time save money since fully automated/real time processing merchant accounts are more expensive.
- You need to be aware of your monthly sales volume. As a rule the larger the volume, the less you will pay per transaction. Sometimes, small businesses exceed the limit of monthly or daily transactions (for example, when the business starts growing unexpectedly) and business owners lose lots of money because their merchant account does not process customers’ payments. This takes us to the best tip.
- What the growth of daily, weekly or monthly sales. If you see that your business is growing it is better to switch to another merchant account plan in advance, before you face problems.
- If you do not like something about current merchant account provider do not hesitate to look for a new one. There are lots of domestic and offshore merchant account providers which are as a rule significantly cheaper.
- Ask your merchant account provider for separate rates for debit cards payments. They are less risky and thus merchant account providers charge lower fees. Statistics proves that almost about half of national payments are performed with debit cards.
Sure, price means a lot for all business owners who try to save money during these uncertain days. However, you always need to remember that a reliable merchant account provider is the door to the national and global markets. As already said above, customers are rather picky these days and they prefer buying products and paying for them without leaving comfort of their homes. Shopping carts and payments forms need to be convenient for customers, while business owners need to be satisfied with merchant account rates. Some business owners do not understand what they have to pay for. Well, these people still remain in the "stone age of business".
Price is an important factor, however, reliability is even more important. Make sure that your merchant account provider has competent support team that can solve complex problems asap. It will be a catastrophe is your marketing and advertising efforts fail just because of problems with accepting payments. That is why try to look for compromise between price and quality. If you are a novice business owner look for relevant info and articles online to get at least elementary merchant account knowledge.
|File sharing systems||from 10%||Dating||from
|IT Support||from 10%||Debt
|Travel MOTO||from 6.5%||E-cigaretes||from
|Replica clothes||from 8%||Debt
Find out your rates for your site. Fill the bellow form
and we will get back to you with decision. Free signup, no setup fees, offshore merchant account.
Read other articles